Hello everyone! Look what I found in California!
{Rita's is a yummy custard place we enjoy going to in Maryland. Rachel's pictures made us crave it, so look where we went for Family Home Evening tonight!}
This week we did tons of service! It was so fun. We served at the Senior Center again, helped a lady move (3 hours of boxing up china and it took six hermanas to move her huge couch out the door!), and we also did a super fun service activity called "River Rally." The whole community came together to pick up trash in the dried up river bed of the Santa Clarita River. We found so many treasures! Like an old mangled tricycle and a picture frame. We had so much fun together as a district!
This week we did tons of service! It was so fun. We served at the Senior Center again, helped a lady move (3 hours of boxing up china and it took six hermanas to move her huge couch out the door!), and we also did a super fun service activity called "River Rally." The whole community came together to pick up trash in the dried up river bed of the Santa Clarita River. We found so many treasures! Like an old mangled tricycle and a picture frame. We had so much fun together as a district!
Everyone that we are teaching is doing well...
Gustavo has been out of town so we haven't been able to meet with him.
Jesus and Jose have been super busy with work and college and so we haven't been able to see them either. :(
Jose P. told us that he knows the church is true but he wants to go to his other church because that is where his friends are. It made me see how important having friendshippers in the church is for our investigators! So please be friends with all who come to church. They need it so much. We are still going to meet with Jose so hopefully he will change his mind!
Marily, Youcely, and Rosie are doing great! It is hard for them to come to church because they live far away and its difficult for members to give them rides. But they want to be baptized and know that this Church is true. We love teaching them! :)
Peter and Rebekah. We invited them to be baptized on October 11! They both said yes and Peter even fist pumped the air! haha he said "YES! I'm so ready to be baptized!" It was cute. :)
Antonio, Gaby and their kids. They LOVE the 'Rama'. We have a Bible/Book of Mormon study every Wednesday night and they loved it and fit right in. Their kids liked mutual also. Valentina, the youngest, is so adorable. She recorded all the talks and songs at church so she could listen to them during the week! haha. We got to take them to the Temple Visitor's center yesterday. They loved it so much and were really touched by the spirit. We watched the video about the family there and both Antonio and Gaby were crying. We have already seen so many changes in their lives and we know the Gospel is bringing true peace and happiness into their home. They all accepted to be baptized and we are so excited to keep teaching them and see them progress :)
We had a Relief Society activity this week and both Hermanas Chaves and Corona came! We are so happy to see them and their families reactivated into the church. Hermano Aranda, our ward mission leader, said that they had tried to get them back to church for 2 years. We aren't sure what finally kicked in for them, but ever since we went by to find them they have been coming back to church. Their children love it and I think they truly see the happiness in their kids' eyes!
Saturday we had 3 huge meals in the space of 4 hours. Hermana Francis and I were dying. haha. We ate lunch at Hermano Aranda's for our coordination meeting, then we went to a less active's 60th aniversery party where they fed us more food, then we went to a members house for dinner! Latino portions are so much bigger too. And they get offended if you don't ask for seconds and even more offended if you don't eat at all! So Hermana francis and I were feeling pretty sick by the end of the day. It was so bad! haha
I also got a postcard and package from the best family ever! It was a great way to end the week! :)
Also, President Hall called Hermana Francis and I to be Sister Trainer Leaders. I am only half way through my training and I am so nervous! President Hall said he has never called someone after only 1 transfer before but he just felt super good about it and told me that Heavenly Father is the one who called me and to always remember that. I am excited to learn how to be a good Sister Trainer Leader and I hope I will be able to help the other Hermanas in the best way that they need!
I love you all so much. Thank you for you prayers and your support! And I just want you to know that I love my mission and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve the Lord.
Have a wonderful week!!
Love,
