July 11, 2014

Week 1: In the "Safe Zone"


Hola!
How are you guys?

The ride to the CCM was so awesome. We rode in this little van and our driver was INSANE. I might even go so far as to say I was more scared driving here in Mexico City than I was in Dubai!  As soon as we drove into the CCM the Spirit was felt so strong. It is like nothing I have ever experienced so far! I am so grateful to be here! 

It rains literally every day. Most of my shoes are soaked. haha.

 You can't tell but it is POURING. And the sides of the streets are basically rivers.

My companions are Hermana Jensen and Hermana Eastin.  Hermana Jensen is from Utah and Hermana Eastin is from Canada. They are really fun and are both going to San Fernando! (the greatest mission on earth). My district is really cool! The rest are Elders and they are all going to California. My teacher's name is Hermano Sanchez. He is super nice and has already taught us so much. He speaks English really well and goes back and forth teaching us in spanish and english.  My spanish is already so much better and I have only been here for 1 week. I have already taught 5 lessons in spanish as well. I know, crazy right? The Spirit is very real and Heavenly Father blesses all his missionaries! 


 Me and my compañeras doing some yoga.

Behind me is my classroom building!
I forgot something else, on the fourth of july they made us pulled pork sandwhiches haha! and we all sang the national anthem. The workers were all filming us. haha. OH! and we only lost about 10 missionaries going out to the field and gained 200!!!!! CRAZY. It keeps looking like that for the next few weeks and the mission president doesn't know where to put everyone! haha. we don't fit into the auditorium anymore.

Yes, I have met Hermana Burnham! We figured we were related! 

Thank you so much for all the pictures! They made my day. Aubrey, thanks for the all the little notes in my suitcases. That was so sweet!

Dad,  thank you so much for all the emails and the note in spanish. I think I can already tell what you said! haha  Its crazy how fast you learn spanish here! It is really really hard though, don't get me wrong!  Oh, and I met an Elder from Guatemala and he doesn't speak english, but we had a brief conversation in spanish and told him dad served there. (don't worry dad I called you my dad, not my potato haha)

Mom, no, I havn't gotten the dear elder yet. But both my companions got "mydearmissionary" packages! One of them was cookies and they were really good. The other got fruit from the area. I guess the order goes to a local church family and they bring them in to the CCM. No one in our district has gotten any letters yet though. I thought you guys would love the pictures! I thought today was going to be nice and sunny finally, but we just heard thunder!!

My day consists of mostly language and Preach My Gospel classes. Everyone here is so nice! I love talking to the kitchen staff. They are so sweet. Our conversations are usually just a couple words though. haha Definitely can't completely speak the language yet. The food always has some sort of rice, beans, and tortillas. That is basically what I eat everyday. The fruit here is so amazing though! 

 mi clasa

mi casa



We didn't feel the earthquake, but these are the "safe zones" to go to if there ever is an earthquake.  They are all over the campus.

I have learned so much already being here at the CCM. Heavenly Father is real and he really loves us! I am so grateful for this knowledge! Teaching lessons is where I feel the spirit the strongest. It testifies of the truth of what me and my compañeras are teaching. The gospel is true! 

So, in my limited spanish knowledge I am going to bear you my testimony en español. I hope it makes sense. :)  

Yo se que El Libro de Mormon es verdadero. Yo se que la Iglesia es verdadera. Yo se que Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial y nos ama. Yo se que Jesucristo es el Hijo de Dios. Jesucristo es el camino a Padre Celestial. La Expiacion de Jesucristo es muy importante. Nosotros tenemos un profeta en la actualdad. Su nombre es Presidente Thomas S. Monson. Presidente Monson enseña nos a cerca de Dios. Yo amo el Evangelio!  En el nobre de Jesucristo, amen.

I love you guys so much! I hope you all are having a wonderful time back home! I promise that I am having so much fun here in Mexico City and am learning and growing so much in the gospel.



Love and miss you!

Hermana Buxton