March 30, 2015

Week 39: Holamana!

The first night of the #BecauseHeLives initiative. No one was on the streets because it was too cold and windy. (Californians...)

Buenos dias! Que tal?

La Familia Arce invited us and Carlos over last Monday for dinner and family home evening. It was so fun to be with a family Monday night. I miss having family home evening with my own family so it was really nice to be with them. We talked about keeping the 10 commandments and played pictionary with all the commandments. The kids thought it was super fun so success! The best quote from the night from their little boy, "umm does honor thy father and mother have to be a commandment all the time?" haha
We found a new investigator this week named Angel. He is 13 years old and so was really interested that God and Jesus Christ would appear to a boy his age. He loved the story of Joseph Smith's first vision and told us that he believes it really happened. We are excited to teach him more this week and he promised to bring his cousins to the next lesson! :) He told us that he is looking for happiness in his life. We told him the Joseph smith was also searching for happiness and that is what brought him to ask God which church was true. And promised him that he could pray and ask God as well. 

I went on an exchange this week with Hermana McGlothin! It was so fun to be with her again. She is a great friend to me! I can't believe she is going home in 3 weeks. time flies! And speaking of time flying this week I'll have nine months in the mission. Now that is weird!
On exchanges with Hermana McGlothin!

Elena came to the general women's session of conference. She absolutely loved it! I love the spirit that is felt when you listen to the servants of the Lord speak to you. Some favorite things I learned: 
1) We often find answers to prayers in quiet moments.
2) We need to be defenders of and teach eternal truths of the family.
3) The atonement brings hope, no matter how hard the way!
After conference Hermana Reyes had us over to eat tamales de Guatemala. They were so delicious! I love their family so much. Especially their little son Danny. He doesn't know a lot of words but he always sees me and says "hola hermana!" only it sounds like "holamana!" He is so cute. And it makes me happy! He will say it throughout dinner, throughout sacrament meeting, and wherever he sees me. Hna Reyes is beginning to think he has a crush on me. Oh those little 3 year olds. :) haha
My other favorite little boy Daniel bore his testimony yesterday! It was so cute. He said, "This gospel has changed my life!" He is nine. ;) But I love seeing his enthusiasm for the gospel. And what he said is very true. Having a testimony of the gospel will change the course of our lives.

And last but not least, we found 2 new investigators last night, Salomon y Maria. We showed them the Because He lives video and they loved it! And they are planning on coming to General Conference on sunday. They are really interested in hearing what our living prophet Thomas S. Monson has to say about the life of Jesus Christ. We are so excited! :)

I love you so much! I hope you have a Happy Easter. The greatest miracle is that He lives today! I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. I am forever grateful for his atoning sacrifice. It brings us hope, no matter how hard the way! 

Con amor siempre,

Hermana Buxton


 Thanks for the Easter package!
We were contacting one windy night and a huge palm leaf almost hit us as we were walking. It was scary because it was dark and flew from above us. haha
 Bambi begging for food.
My planner for April. Thanks for the paper and pictures mom :)"