Dearest Family,
Hola de California! I am sending your way love and warm thoughts. It looks absolutely cold there! Hopefully you got the Mexican Hot Chocolate I sent. Hopefully it turned out delicious! :)
This week has been crazy busy. Not only was it the last week of the transfer, (I know.. where does the time go), but we also had Missionary Leadership Counsel and Zone training meeting. It was really fun to learn and be trained by President Hall for 8 hours and then go and share it with everyone else! Here are some of the things I learned this week:
1-We receive so many blessings from paying fast offerings.
2- We cannot accomplish our big dreams and goals (like being married in the temple) without doing the little things (reading the scriptures, going to church.. etc.)
3- Jesus Christ truly lives! And we need to share it with everyone! HeLives.mormon.org
4- Live the Doctrine of Christ. Be a little better everyday.
5- The Lord is in charge. He know His missionaries and will help us in every way as we rely on him and become consecrated missionaries.
Now for some Milagros..
1- Last Monday we had a few setbacks and ended up at the lavandaria to wash our clothes a lot later than we normally are. We were hurrying inside trying to wash our clothes before our next appointment when a young teenage boy said, "Hey, you are the missionaries right? They used to come by my house a few years ago but my parents didn't want to be taught anymore. But I would still like missionaries to come." It was such an incredible experience and really humbling. We wouldn't have normally been there at that time but because of all the things we thought were going wrong according to our plans, they were actually going right according to the Lord's plans. So, trust the Lord! Even when you are crazy behind schedule. He is in charge and "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass."
2- We were driving down a street when I saw a young man sitting in his drive way. We drove past him but I had a strong impression that we needed to turn around and talk to him. So we parked the car and came back to find him. It was a really cool contact. He said he was pondering about whether or not God loved him. We bore to him our testimony that He does. And that he knows him by name. He wasn't interested in us coming by again, but he took a Restoration pamphlet and said that he would read it. I hope the spirit touched his heart! One day:)
3- We taught a women named Marta in her driveway. The spirit was so strong and we are sooo excited to go back this week and teach her some more. :)
4- Elena came to church! And we helped her download the Gospel Library app to her phone. She is super excited to listen to the hymns at her work. :)
5- Mari (the girl from the Senior living place we volunteer at) came to church because it was Hermana Morse's last Sunday here in Reseda. We were super excited for her to be there!
6- I am going to be a trainer! Tomorrow I'll meet my new companion. I am super excited...and nervous. But it is going to be so much fun and this area will be fun to train in! :) When president asked me to be a trainer I asked him why he thought I would be a good trainer. He said "Because I prayed and it felt good." haha. I'm glad we have an inspired mission President!
I got the packages!!!! They arrived a long time ago. So, what happened is we got a new post person. The old one put a slip in our mail box to pick up a package from the rental office...only the new one doesn't. So, we went to the office (to fix our fire alarm) and the packages were there! The lady said she was about to call us! haha and she told us she is going to talk to the mail person because lots of people hadn't come to get packages! I LOVE MY CUDDLE PILLOW> thank you thank you thank you!!!!
Picture with the "cuddle pillow" from my wonderful mom :) And the race packet from Paige. Thank you sooo much! :)
I love you all so much! Yo se que esta iglesia es verdadera con todo mi Corazon.
besos!!
Hermana Buxton
Sister Morse's awesome new convert, Carlos. He is going to be an amazing missionary!
We had a district brunch at IHOP. We are all going to miss each other. We had such an incredible district!Ramen...a new favorite lunch place!
This is Bambi. He is soooo adorable!
Awkward district photo...
The new hermanas we got to take contacting for their first time! Herman Williams, Hermana Morse, me, and Hermana Bedell ( I took Hermana Bedell)
I got a letter from my BFF in Ecuador!
Someone stole the pass along card off our apartment door. We figure if they were going to steal anything, that was the best thing they could steal. We quickly replaced it, so all is well.
Someone stole the pass along card off our apartment door. We figure if they were going to steal anything, that was the best thing they could steal. We quickly replaced it, so all is well.
