{We talked to the guy behind me right after we took this picture!}
I am now in a little place called Reseda. And I am so excited to be here! I miss my recent converts like crazy and I feel like I'm in a whole new world (practically a new country) but I love every minute of it! I love meeting people from all around the world speaking who knows how many languages. This is really a melting pot of culture and people. I love it! Here are a few pictures of our apartment.
My new companion is Hermana Morse. I absolutely love her! We are so excited for this transfer. It is filled with so many amazing things! We planned out all of our exchanges and meetings and realized that we are going to be super busy. But busy as a missionary is the best!
I have already met so many great people...
Carlos is a recent convert who has probably the biggest heart and strongest testimony I have ever seen! He just got baptized in January and is already doing family history work and going to the temple. He wants to go on a mission and that makes me so happy.
Gem is a new investigator who is my same age! We love her. We have just taught her about the restoration so far but she had such great questions and really desires to know the truth.
Lucky and Tarzan... they are the dogs that we walk every week for service! I'll try to get a picture with them next time. We volunteer at a nursing home and help out with games and activities (mostly puzzles and coloring with those who have Alzheimer's) and walk some resident's dogs. I forgot how much I loved to go on walks with Jack. And just walks in general. I mean we go on "walks" everyday but it's always with the mission of talking with everyone we see! But it was nice to take a leisurely walk around the block with the old dogs.
Elena - She is just the cutest. She truly wants to understand the Book of Mormon. She reads the same chapter multiple times until she understands. I'm excited to continue to get to know her and help her progress in the gospel!
Los Miembros del Barrio - They are so kind and caring! And they LOVE missionary work! We were able to have a member present at almost all of our lessons! They welcomed me into the ward and I can already feel their love for me. Maybe it's just because I play the piano.. haha. I'm the pianist for almost everything. But it doesn't help too much because they just sing whatever tune they please. It is pretty funny!
El Distrito - They are the best. Seriously! I'm so excited for this transfer. All the missionaries have a huge desire to serve and do their best. We are definitely going to see miracles daily.
Speaking of miracles.. We met a wonderful lady named Elvia and 2 of her kids on mom's birthday. We taught them the restoration and invited them to be baptized and they said YES! The spirit was so strong and we feel so blessed to be able to get to teach them!! :)
We had a Sister Training Leader training this week (Have I mentioned yet how excited I am to work with Hermana Morse??) and it was so fun. You're right mom, the name is super long. Apparently Sister Hall agrees with you because she told us if they are going to make the name that long, they might as well make it "Awesome Sisters of Coolness." So there you have it. I think I like that title better. ;)
I am so grateful to be a missionary. I love serving the Lord. I know that we teach so many people but I feel like I learn more from them then they ever could from us. My testimony grows every day!
I love you so much!
con carino y amor,
Hermana Buxton
PS- Thanks for the Valentine's Day package! The decorations are already up and we may have eaten all the rice crispy treats already. ;)
My newly decorated planner!