November 18, 2014

Week 20: The Crazy, Exhausting, Wonderful, Terrible, and Eventful Week of Hermana Buxton

Querida familia,

Pues, esta semena fue super locisima. This week has been so long! It was a pretty hard week as well. One of our Hermanas went home this week. She hasn't been feeling well and we were helping her out driving her to interviews with president and such. She got a call Thursday morning saying that she was leaving the next day to go home! So all day Thursday we were helping her pack and getting her things to the mission office or the post office. It was so hard to say goodbye to her! I was an emotional mess all week. We have gotten to be so close serving in the same branch and seeing each other all the time. It was so weird to see her go, but I am glad she is safely home and is doing awesome there. :) I really hope she gets to come back, but we will see! 

Her companion -Hna McGlothin- is now in a trio with us and we are combining the areas for this transfer! She is so fun and awesome. She has been sleeping on the couch the past few days but finally we are getting bunkbeds today! It is going to be a party for the last month of the transfer. ;) She even makes us yummy food! We feel super lucky to have her. We think we will just stay together after Hermana Francis goes home, but we will see. 
Hermana McGlothin moving into our apartment. We cleaned out the cleaning closet and put her things in there. She thought about bringing out her inner Harry Potter and living in the closet. haha 

Hermana McGlothin made us yummy fruit and yogurt parfaits!

This week we volunteered at the senior center and catered a memorial service. It was pretty sad and happy.. you know how those things are. It brought back lots of memories. It didn't help that I was already emotional this week. haha. We were in charge of the coffee and tea. Which was pretty funny considering we are LDS missionaries. We got a few chuckles outta people. ;) We had been there for five hours and we were so tired from standing so long and so we had cleaned up and were ready to go home. But then Joanna, the chef, came out and said "you girls look so beautiful so I hate to ask you, but would you please help us come wash the dishes? It will only take 10 minutes I promise." Well 10 minutes turned into an hour. haha It was a pretty crazy service day. 

Something funny: Hermana Francis loves the nutcracker! She danced in it for like 10 years or something. So she turned on her nutcracker CD for us and danced every part! It was so funny, but she did a good job-especially when there was more than one part happening at once. ;)

We also had the first Family Home Evening with the Soto family! They heard about it in conference and have been wanting to get that started, so we taught them how to do FHE this week. They loved it! Even the oldest daughter Gabita came out to participate. Valentina drew us beautiful pictures of my little ponies. Yesterday Gaby gave me and Hermana Francis these really beautiful bracelets to say thank you for everything. I didn't get a picture, but i will try to remember this week!

Something crazy! We went to a member's house for dinner and the children had a guinea pig. Hermana Francis held it and maybe 20 minutes and later broke out with hives all over!!! We came home to get her benadryl and it turned out I had a fever and Hermana McGlothin woke up at 4 am to take her companion to the airport and so she was so exhausted. We texted President Hall and basically just said we were all falling apart:)  He is going to let us sleep in one day to recover.
Hermana Francis holding the guinea pig before she found out she is pretty allergic to them!

News on iPads. Well the decision is to roll them out! Looks like it will be happening the first week of December if it happens this year. But our mission is first on the list. We hope we get them soon! Speaking of iPads, a woman from the missionary department is coming tomorrow! We got picked to be a part of this observation group, which is why we had to change our temple day to Wednesday. But it is going to be so fun! We are going to be helping with making the missionary learning software on the ipads even better. Especially with language. We are so excited to be a part of it! 

Also, we opened your birthday package today so that I could send you pictures and thank yous! Muchas gracias!! I loved everything mom and dad! You are the best :) I love the new necklace you got me! I'm guessing you could never find the other one I lost. But I am so grateful to have something new to keep with me to remind me of Heidi. Yesterday we ate dinner with the familia Bran. He made me enchiladas de guatemala again for my birthday! They were so delicious. I think it is my favorite food so far on my mission! 
 My birthday package from home!

Pictures of my birthday dinner with the Bran's.

I am excited to start this week as a trio and just go out and serve the Lord. Oh and I got the package with the clothes for the Chavez children. They are so cute! They will love everything. We are excited to give them to them! Thanks to everyone who donated clothing.

I love you all so much. Keep on keepin' on. I know that Jesus Christ lives and loves us and that I am serving Him! I love missionary work. :) 

Con amor,

Hermanita Buxton 

 Me with Hermana Jensen

Contacting we found this really cool little shed!
We are babysitting this plant . His name is Clemence and he is an "air plant" whatever that is. ;) We were trying to figure out a way to bring it everywhere with us!
Me with Hermana McGlothin